Fisayo Michael, popularly known as MC Fish, is a Nigerian professional hype man and master of ceremonies.
He recently got married to Nollywood actress, Anita Joseph on February 14, 2020 and several social media platforms have been buzzing with the couple’s public display of affection.
Here are the 10 things you didn’t know about MC Fish
1. MC Fish was an underground hype man for three years. He played for fun before deciding to go professional as an MC. Professionally, he has been in the entertainment industry for 6 years.
2. MC Fish also performs as a Disc Jockey, DJ, at special events. His love for music got him stuck to the music industry since he was young.
3. Talking about his love for music, MC Fish may not be going professional with music, but he would thrill his fans to some singles which he would be releasing soon.
4. MC Fish’s first breakthrough was in Dubai, where he was paid N250,000 to perform at a friend’s wedding after party. According to MC Fish, it was a memorable day for him as the celebrant was a friend who supported his career.
5. In as much as this may be controversial, it can still be said that MC Fish shot into limelight after his relationship with the popular actress, Anita Joseph, became public leading to their tying the knot.
6. The name ‘Fish’, according to MC Fish came from a ‘troublesome’ friend of his in school, who turned ‘Fisayo’ to ‘Fishayo’ and thereon to ‘Fish’. The name has, however, stuck ever since.
7. MC Fish also doubles as a comedian. This he has always exhibited whenever he performs, perhaps, it’s one of the qualities that attracted him to Anita Joseph. According to the actress, there is never a dull moment with MC Fish.
8. MC Fish, though an entertainer is more spiritual than anyone could think of. According to him, he puts God first in everything he does which led him to his chosen career and his gorgeous wife.
9. It is also surprising to know that MC Fish stood in for an absent MC before he eventually chose the MC career.
According to him, he was at a party and the MC did not show up then he collected the microphone and did what he could, from then it has been from one party to another and before you know it, it became a profession.
10. MC Fish’s biggest show was the Hennessy Artistry in 2018. The multitalented entertainer revealed that he had done a lot of big shows, but the Hennessy Artistry event was his biggest because he gave his everything.
Many observers believe that the comedian/actor, MC Fish and his wife, Anita Joseph, a mother of one, might have found lasting love with the manner the lovebirds go about displaying their love on social media.
On Anita Joseph’s birthday, MC Fish wrote on his Instagram page:
“Happy birthday Anita, A lot of people think they knew, but they don’t, you are misunderstood, misquoted and sometimes taken for granted, but these people can’t do half of what you do in a day.
“You’re a hardworking mother, business owner and actor. You’re a rare gem, a star that will always shine, who knows her roots and does her job diligently. Sometimes, the way you selflessly put others before you never ceases to amaze me.
“You are a treasure and anyone who’s lucky to have you as a friend knows this. So I say happy birthday to you my sunshine. I love you so much. May God bless you and grant you all your heart desires IJN. Amen.”
Well, only time will tell if their romance would endure the rigors of marriage, given Anita’s controversial lifestyle.
In this part of the world, where celebrity marriages have become a burning issue and is perceived to be jinxed, of what purpose would it be to be celebrating one?
Most of them are consummated on the altar of love, but love sometimes seems to elude a number of them, owing to “irreconcilable differences” and the nature of their jobs.
However, a couple of them have been able to join the lucky ones who find sustainable love and settle down.