in

Hushpuppi Has Been Reportedly Released From FBI Custody

Suspected Nigerian fraudster, Ramon Abbas a.k.a Hushpuppi has reportedly been released after a Court initially denied him bail, according to information on the official website of the Federal Bureau Of Prisons website.

Ramon Olorunwa Abass and members of his gang were arrested while sleeping at their Dubai residences. Abbas was arrested earlier in June along with Olalekan Jacob Ponle, also known as Woodberry and 10 others.

The 12 suspects were arrested in six simultaneous raids carried out by the e-police unit of the Dubai Police.

The gang was responsible for Dh1.6 billion (about N169 billion) fraud involving over 1.9 million victims. Items worth N15.845 billion (Dh 150 million) were also seized.13 luxury cars worth N2. 640 billion (Dh 25 million), 21 laptops, 47 smartphones, 15 memory storage devices, 5 external hard drives, and 800, 000 emails of potential victims were also recovered from the gang.

Hushpuppi was earlier transferred to the Central District of California on Tuesday for prosecution and remanded to the custody of the U.S. Marshal in accordance to 18 U.S.C. § 3142(f).

Hushpuppi released denied bail

However, information on the official website of Federal Bureau Of Prison says Hushpuppi has been released after the Court initially  denied him bail.

Recall that Gal Pissetzky, top Chicago lawyer, representing Hushpuppi, said that his case is getting better though he was denied bail and transferred to California.

The lawyer who denied reports that he had dumped the suspect, told Punch he would still be standing for him in California where the case has been transferred to.

He also told the publication that Hushpuppi still stands a good chance of being acquitted.

Pissetzky said “I am still representing him. I will be in California for the case.“Our legal system is quite different from yours. That he was denied bail does not mean his case is getting worse.

Actually, I think it’s getting better. I am not, however, allowed to comment on the facts of the case.

“There is no new evidence put forward by the FBI at this point. Whatever news report that suggests things are getting worse for him is not true” he said.

What do you think?

0 points
Upvote Downvote

Written by Annie Phillips

Comments

Leave a Reply

One Ping

  1. Pingback:

Leave a Reply

Loading…

0

Comments

0 comments

Man Sentenced To Life Imprisonment for Defiling 2-year-old In Ogun

Obasanjo

Olusegun Obasanjo Allegedly Flogs A Woman Who Was Accused Of Stealing N160m In Ogun