in

D’banj And Seyitan Just Reached A Non-Monetary Agreement In Rape Case

Dbanj

The Nigerian Police has dismissed the case against Oyebanjo Dapo popularly known as D’banj.

One Seyitan Babatayo had accused the musician of sexually violating her.

But, in a letter to the Inspector-General of Police, Seyitan said she wished to withdraw from the case for personal reasons.

Her lawyer Olamide Omileye wrote the letter seeking withdrawal  of the case.

It reads in part, “We hereby officially notify you of our client’s intention to withdraw and discontinue her petition against D’Banj for personal reasons.”

Similarly, an NGO, StandToEndRape released a statement via its Twitter handle on Friday, July 24, 2020.

It stated that the music star D’banj and Seyitan Babatayo through the police reached a non-monetary agreement.

A part of the statement reads; “On the 13th of July 2020, Ms. Babatayo informed STER that she had reached a non-monetary agreement with D’banj’s team.

“We, therefore, present the statement as a full account of our stewardship on this matter.”

The NGO went on to thank everyone who assisted Ms. Babatayo during the period she was allegedly harassed by the music star.

 

D'banj Seyitan Agreement
Recall

Prior to the resolution, Babatayo’s legal representative, said both D’banj and Seyitan reached only one agreement.

He said, “both parties are going to stand down on media trials and allow the law to take its course.”

They said both parties have agreed to desist from making any post or leaking any information to the public and allow the police to carry out their investigation.

“The police is still doing their investigation. Last week, Seyitan was in Abuja, D’banj was also in Abuja. They met the ACP and the woman did her part of the investigation,” they said.

“From our side, everything we have we’ve given to them and they’ve verified the information.

“Dbanj’s ex-manager, Franklin Amudo, didn’t come to the police station last Friday because of financial constraints.

He couldn’t come to Abuja. I think that is the only thing delaying the investigations for now.”

The statement came on the heels of the social media outrage, which was prompted by Dbanj’s denial of the accusations and his demand of a public apology and N100M compensation.

The Inspector-General of Police, Adamu Mohammed, investigated the case thoroughly and recently dismissed it on the grounds of zero evidence.

What do you think?

0 points
Upvote Downvote

Written by Annie Phillips

Comments

Leave a Reply

Loading…

0

Comments

0 comments

George Floyd’s Killer Is Being Charged With Tax Evasion in Minnesota

Joey B

CANDIID MUSIC; Kida Kudz ft. Falz & Joey B – “Buga”